A novel introduction
The best Cuban cigars offer a myriad of profiles, thanks to centuries of refined harvesting and rolling know-how. From smooth and nutty flavours to creamy aromas of burnt cocoa and spiced ginger, these are the rewards for those patient enough to sift through a cornucopia of cigar & whisky combinations. Or you can ask the experts at the newly minted Cigar Bar.
Located at the base of the Naza Towers, Platinum Park, this contemporary cigar divan specialises on curating scents and tastes to heighten the puffing experience. To demonstrate, guests were invited to combine medium Coronas toasted to perfection, a nibble of dark chocolate and sips of a top Highland dram. Tied together with a touch of French sea-salt, the experience is not unlike a memorable dégustation.
But this downtown divan is also a place for those who want to kick-back and wash off a long day. Unpretentious and pristine, co-founder and architect Juraj Kralj designed the space to marry European-Japanese aesthetics for stress-free enjoyment. Together with a thoughtfully conceived ventilation system, guests can start their evenings with the Cigar Bar’s 6 Curated Pairings. Starting from RM55 to RM130, current pairings include:
1. La Flor De Cano Selectos & Glenfiddich 12 Years Old
2. Por Larranaga Petit Corona & Glenfarclas 12 Years Old
3. Oliva Serie V Melanio #4 & The Macallan 12 Years Old
4. Montecristo #4 & Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
5. Montecristo Edmundo & Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
6. Cohiba Siglo II & The Balvenie 14 Years Old